Nowadays, there is variated and inaccurate information about the different procedures practiced to localized fat removal and body shaping.
Liposculpture, liposuction or lipolysis are similar terms, but unfortunately misused and often with the purpose of confusing patients through puns that seek to trivialize or simplify surgical procedures.
Even though lipolysis and liposculpture are simple procedures and have a quick recovery, they should not be taken lightly and they must be practiced by certified plastic surgeons.
With the arrival of laser, the laser lipolysis was popularized Dr. Juan Pablo Rodríguez practices more than 60 procedures a month but he only uses it in specific cases because he regularly uses ultrasound systems such as vaser, sonoca soring, micro air or PAL (energy-assisted lipoplasty) to obtain superior results, having into account that the ultrasound stimulates the production of collagen in the dermis and optimizes the skin retraction.
Who can get a liposuction, liposculpture or assisted lipolysis with equipments such as vaser or sonoca soring, micro air or PAL?
- Any patient with localized fat accumulates.
- Any patient without significant compromise of extreme laxity or sagging of the skin, since the result in this type of skin is usually poor and requires additional procedures to achieve the desired results.
- Not pregnant patients or 6 months after delivery.
- Women or men that desire abdominal marking, that is a procedure in which through the carving of the fatty tissue the muscles are emphasized and an athletic and defined abdomen is achieved.
- Patients without morbid obesity problems and with body mass indexes below 35.
Liposculpture is a safe procedure that can be combined with other esthetical procedures, one of this is the autologous gluteal lipotransfer or gluteal lipoinjection, which seeks to make sowing of live adipocytes so that the gluteal size is increased or molded achieving greater roundness and naturalness.
Recommendations before getting a liposuction:
- Consult a certified plastic surgeon about the applicability of the procedure.
- Maintain a balanced diet rich in protein, iron and water to stay hydrated.
- Perform all of the preoperative exams to bear out the good health state at the moment of getting the procedure.
- Maintain a normal physical activity.
- Keep the skin hydrated.
- Stop any injections or esthetic treatments days before the procedure.
- Consult your surgeon about the suspension of medicines, multivitamins or any other consumed substance.
- It is necessary to suspend the aspirin consumption or medicines that alter the coagulation. And to stop the consumption of tobacco or narcotics.
Cares for after the procedure:
- Increase the iron consumption.
- Stay hydrated through the intake of liquids without preservatives.
- Permanent walking because it is a way to prevent any postoperative complications.
- Use of girdle, table and foams will be independent in each of the patients and Dr. Rodríguez will determine the need and beginning of each of these aids.
- Perform the postoperative lymphatic drainage.
- Start postoperative management with ultrasound or radiofrequency as directed by your surgeon.
- In the abdomen marking procedure Dr. Rodriguez uses special shapers that optimize the results and should be used daily.
It is normal to present inflammation and ecchymosis in the first 3 postoperative weeks, it is important to remember that the process is optimized until 6 months or one year after the procedure which means that although the appropriate results can be enjoyed from the 2nd month all of the changes are presented until the year.
Remember that liposuction, liposculpture or lipolysis are safe procedures in the hands of experts.
To see our photo gallery and obtain more information about the prices of the liposuction, liposculpture or any other procedure (facial or corporal), please contact us through our chat, whatsapp or telephone.
- 28 Aug 2015