LEVANTAMIENTO DE SENOS, PEXIA MAMARIA O REDUCCION MAMARIA
Breast gigantism or hypertrophy affects the self-esteem and health from an early age. This is correctable by performing a breast reduction in which the normal anatomy and the proper weight of the breasts are restored; in the hands of a specialist the result is positive, improving the quality of life and interpersonal relationships of the patient.
It is necessary to consult on time, a late diagnosis can generate irreparable damage to the spine, skin or/and other body areas.
Breast lifting or reduction is a procedure that looks for 3 objectives: the first is to return the breast to the correct position in the chest making a rounded, anatomical and beautiful to the eye appearance. In second instance, it seeks to maintain the physiological function in the sexual and lactation aspects, and finally to give the desired size for the patient.
In breast reduction surgery or breast lift (mastopexy), Dr. Juan Pablo Rodríguez performs incisions in areas of the breast where the healing process is satisfactorily resolved. To achieve the objective there are different techniques, one with a minimal incision located only in the areola and another in which it is necessary to make an incision that goes around the areola and it is hidden in the sub mammary sulcus. These techniques are always aimed at restoring the proper appearance of the breast. Sometimes it is necessary to use breast implants to optimize the result and give a good architecture to the breast.
The technique selection depends on the breast size and degree of fall or ptosis of the same, and will be determined in the preoperative consultation with Dr. Juan Pablo Rodríguez.
Recommendations before getting a breast lifting surgery:
1. Consult a certified plastic surgeon about the pertinence of the procedure.
2. Maintain a well balanced diet rich in protein, iron and water to stay hydrated.
3. Perform preoperative exams to bear out a good healthy state at the moment of the surgical procedure.
4. Maintain a normal physical activity.
5. Use moisturizers to keep the skin well moisturized.
6. Suspend injections or any esthetic treatment days before the surgery.
7. Consult your surgeon about the suspension of medication; multivitamins or any other consumes substance.
- 28 Aug 2015